Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #19

jose_angel

<p>Matthew, Sjoerd, Gabe, Chris, Dan Park, Michael, Lil and Dan South, thank you all for your encouraging remarks.<br>

I’d love to comment on everyone as they are all great, but I don’t have all night and it’s already passed my bedtime ;-) . Here are a few of my favorites this week.<br>

Jose A. Your pig put a smile on my face. What a shame it didn’t show up in the thread the way you wanted it to.<br>

Bernard, a beautiful, vivacious photo! You can tell the crowd loves him.<br>

Gary, great landscape - as usual ;-)<br>

Nina, beautiful photo!<br>

Matthew, your sky is nothing less than stunning. I showed it to my son and his immediate response was “WOW!”<br>

Sanford and Paul, the haunted hotels are great!<br>

René, great composition and well exposed.<br>

Richard, great moon shot. I love to photograph the moon. One question for you… Have you rotated it slightly?<br>

Dan P. I love kid shots! And no, I didn’t react on the hand being cut out of the frame.<br>

Chris, wonderful shot. The wave crashing in really adds to it.<br>

Sasvata, that photo is beautiful! It almost looks like a painting.<br>

Benjamin, the color tones in your landscape are fabulous!<br>

John, great shot of Chippy!<br>

Waldemar, WOW! How did you do that?! It’s fantastic! I would have expected everything in the foreground to be underexposed. I love it.<br>

Dave Lee, spectacular with the cloud-trail over the wing!<br>

Jeffery, beautiful sunset through the trees!<br>

Dan S. Great shot of GG.<br>

Ilkka, beautiful shot. I love the contrasting green and violet colors.<br>

Ofer, that really is cute!<br>

Lil, Wow! That’s cool! I’d love to try IR<br>

And so many more wonderful contributions… and Lex I’m still looking for yours ;-) Thanks again Jose for something to look forward to in the middle of a hectic week!</p>

<p> </p>

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>WOW! I think that this thread tops them all so far! Thank you Dan and Susan for commenting on my moon:-) I learned a lot by doing that shot...hope to try some more soon.<br />Ton, I'm happy to see you here and I love your contribution.<br>

Hamish, thank you! Your landscape is excellent. I didn't rotate the moon.<br>

<br />Have a good evening, everyone!<br />Dick</p>

<p>The standard of contributions to this series of threads never ceases to amaze me! More outstanding stuff from the Nikon users.</p>

<p>Well, it's that time of year again when I pay to trudge round a local wood in aid of charity. Many pictures get taken of course, but not usually many "keepers" among them, unfortunately. This one stood out from the rest.</p>

<p>Details: Nikon D700 set at 400 ISO with Tamron cheapo 70-300mm lens at around 200mm on a monopod. Program metering with -2/3rds stop compensation.</p><div>00THOL-132309584.jpg.40f9c4de0d352d591a9387f0b4668c53.jpg</div>

<p>Very nice Lil... I dont konw much about the IR photography, but (I don't imply anything, just asking) the IR pictures are not supposed to be in colours in order to notice differences from those taken with standard equipment ???</p>

<p>BTW , I like every picture posted above and I think you are all very talented .</p>

<p>Hi all happy WedNEsDAy<br>

It's raining outside and all my plans to go out today and shoot had been shattered.<br>

awesome pictures everyone<br />Glenn's and Dan's photos are my favorite when my wife and I took a road trip from Chicago to San Francisco they didn't have fog like that I wish they did though.<br>

here is my contribution hope you like it.</p><div>00THQn-132325684.jpg.c7357cc6ffa05698c064a914cb17263c.jpg</div>

<p>I`m just arrived at home. I`m impressed. The bar is higher every week. Even new participants came with top photos. At the first threads we can find some wrong exposures, perhaps not so perfect PP works, etc. In the latest, almost all pictures could be easily published.<br /> To those who were so kind clicking my pic`s link, thanks for checking. I hope it was a corrupted something; please let me try it again, I wonder if there is something wrong with my computer or so... I know I`m against the rules...<br /> -<br /> (Edit: ... <i>h</i><em>ooray!</em>) :D</p><div>00THTB-132339584.jpg.70b4977e292efbb918e07c0a3f809f45.jpg</div>

<p>Jose - thank god we can see him. Now all we need is a large roasting dish, some port wine glaze, a bit of rosemary and other herbs, a few garden vegetables and about 5 hours of slow cooking to perfection... and then we have the perfect photo.net dinner party which I am happy to host in Sydney :-)</p>

<p>Ilkka, Nina - looking back through this thread all I can say (in the warmest possible way) is damn you both. You have each posted stunning images, each using one of the 2 lenses which I am finding it very hard to choose between as I D700-ready my lens lineup (105VR or 135DC). I should just put the 2 of you together to arm-wrestle and go with the lens of the winner :-)</p>

<p align="left">Amazing pictures this week! Looks like a Nikon festival is going on...</p>

<p align="left"> </p>

<p >I manage to gather some courage to let me story go: On April 30, 2009, a chill night around 8:00, at a corner of a main street of the Capital, a man was sitting on a black iron chair in front of a Chinese Cuisine. Resting on his knee was his two-year old manual Nikon D200, pushing its ISO to 800 and ready to fire at 1/100s. A fifteen-time older Nikkor 28mm f2 AI was mounted on the camera, which was set at f2.8 and focusing at 5 meters. He randomly clicked away when people were passing. A masterpiece of so-called Street Photography was crawling into history…Unfortunately, the masterpiece did not complete its journey, and the yet-to-made master ended up with a piece of dull picture exhibiting numerous technical faults…</p>

<div>00THYl-132384184.thumb.jpg.56a8bf261d28134216f85f2f410be0cf.jpg</div>

<p>Blue Angles "Fat Albert" C-130 opens their show. Thought the tele zoom at 200mm would compress it nicely. He was cooking at this point for a big prop airplane.</p><div>00THZG-132389684.jpg.c21284732e66f4d8b3eadcf9c35fb3c5.jpg</div>