Rebel vs. x00D Branding

<p>Hi Douglas<br />I looked at your portfolio. It is terrible even for a beginner. Just a bunch of crapy cliche photos of kids and women.You probably one of those who buy a digital camera and overnight think they are photographer and should open their mouth and comment about everything<br />It is no wonder why you think P&S is good enough for street photography</p>

<p>You made me smile with your blubbery. I won't lose any sleep knowing someone out there named googoo doesn't think I'm up to task. Funny though that you don't have any photo's or a link to any of your work available. Tells me more than you know. Thanks for the laugh though. Take the time to read my posts and you will see that not only do I fully recognize that I'm a newbie, but I also acknowledge that photography is merely a hobby. I've got your email though and I'll gladly send you a message when I give a deuce about your opinion.<br>

"I have a feeling what is "good enough" for you would probably not cut it for me."<br>

If that comment doesn't say it all by itself then nothing I could say will help you to calm your own ego Brad. I'm actually suprised that I'm the only person to call you to the carpet on the arrogance relayed by your reply. I guess all hobbies have their 10%.</p>

<p>I don't care for the Rebel logo either. I'm surprised they haven't tried phoney little rear spoilers like the car companies have used to attract the kids, too. Rebels are nice little cameras. Yea, black tape should work just fine. Maybe a Magic Marker.</p>

"Canon's market research demonstrated that the Rebel moniker was attractive to the outlaw/bad boy image found so appealing by young North American men, the target market of the the camera."

Well I guess that explains why I don't like "Rebel". I'm just 2 of the 3 items above. Only one if you talk to my wife.

What's more interesting is that I like "Rebel" for a motorcycle (a la Honda), but not a camera. I don't feel I'm bucking against authority with my choice of dSLR. :+)

That said, I liked my XT when I had it. Got a manly 40D now for the burst rate (insert your favorite male grunting noise here).

<p>>>> "I have a feeling what is "good enough" for you would probably not cut it for me."<br /> >>>>> If that comment doesn't say it all by itself then nothing I could say will help you to calm your own ego Brad.</p>

<p>No Douglas, it's not about ego. It's about the sweeping comment that a point-n-shoot is good enough for everyone with respect to SP. Odd, since this thread isn't even about SP, or B&W, nor was it even mentioned until that point. I wonder what motivated that proclamation? Since SP is the ONLY photography I do, I felt my contribution was certainly relevant. Perhaps you can weigh-in constructively on that subject; opinions, photos, etc?</p>

<p>>>>> I'm actually suprised that I'm the only person to call you to the carpet on the arrogance relayed by your reply.</p>

<p>Maybe you should look within to find an answer to your surprise. Also, possibly, others here do not feel the need to assert themselves as the self-appointed forum policeman for calling people on the carpet. Just a guess...</p>

www.citysnaps.net

"I won't lose any sleep knowing someone out there named googoo doesn't think I'm up to task."

Ironic that a forum thread discussing the seemingly childish and inappropriate name of a mature and solid performer would contain a comment like this.

<p>Okay let me try to put some things to bed, once again apologizing for hijacking this post. Let me openly say that although I was not asked Brad I took a moment to review your work. Although I do not consider myself a big fan of SP, I was very impressed by your work. If I had taken the time to do so before making my comment, which I now publicly apologize for, I would have seen that you clearly take pride in what you do cause you do it well. I openly admit that at first I took your comments to be a little bragadocious. I don't know where my head was that day because having limited knowledge and experience as it relates to photography I try not to comment where I cannot be of assistance. I did and now realize that I would have in fact been better served to "hit the little x at the upper right hand corner of my browser". I can see how Keith's comments may have been a slap in the face to someone who takes SP as seriously as you obviously do. My apologies go out to you, the OP, and anybody else that may have been put off by my response to you. I will fall short of apologizing to googoo but that is due more to the fact that I never took on the debate of P&S's ability to perform effective SP as he implied. Much less the fact that he decided to berate me on my photography when he has nothing to share. I sincerely apologize to you Brad and I will make sure to not write anything that may have me eating crow in the future. <br>

Doug.</p>

<p>When I see the <em>Rebel</em> badge on a Canon product the image that comes to my mind is quality and value. I owned an XT a few years ago and found no problems with it. When I bought my 5D I found I could easily resell the <em>Rebel</em>. As far as the T1i is concerned, that looks like a lot of camera for the money.</p>