CS4 photoshop glitch?

<p>When I choose any tool in CS4 such as stamp or paint etc, the selection circle disappears as I make a

larger selection. Small selections are fine but as I increase the size of the selection the target area circle

vanishes completely. Any suggestions would be appreciated.</p>

<p>I should say I am very familiar with CS3 and do not have this problem with CS3. I can increase brush size to 2100 (full screen size) with no problem. The problem I am having in CS4 is that when I increase selection or stamp size above 80 (apx the size of a finger nail) the selection circle disappears completely. I can still make a selection but I am doing it in the blind.</p>

<p>I am using CS4 also. The [ and ] keys (bracket keys) control the size of your brush. If you can't work out the problem, Adobe has a good customer service department. They will stick with you until the problem is resolved at no charge if your complaint comes with recently having purchased the program. Good luck.</p>

<p>Most people who experience this problem solve it by changing/updating their video card drivers. Be warned that some video card driver versions can bring the problem back, so when you find a version that works, stick with it until you have a need to change. These numbers are just an illustration, but as an example, I downloaded 182.0 and it solved the partial cursor problem. I later updated to 182.2 and the problem came back, so I had to go back to 182.0. Then 182.6 came out and the problem is fixed again. Video drivers can be very flakey from release to release.<br>

I will assume you have updated to the latest CS4 revision!</p>