Summaron 35mm M lens

hughes

<p>Would somebody please answer this question , I have a Summaron 35mm 3.5 M mount lens #1177076 that according to all sources I have was made in 1953, which is before the M camera came out. It appears to be an original M mount could someone explain, did they make the lenses and hold them over till the M was introduced or what<br>

Steve.</p><div>00T2WO-124135584.jpg.d0bee3f69dfaa5d4a01397146ed5c77a.jpg</div>

<p>The focusing of the Summaron with goggles is different from the plain Summaron. If you remove the goggles from a lens, the rangefinder will not work properly (and you would need to bypass the interlock of the focusing mechanism).</p>

<p>1954 was the year of introduction of the MP and <strong>some</strong> MP's had the framelines for 35mm, so this lens would have matched that model. The M2 did not appear until 1956. </p>

<p>Marcello wrote"<br>

"1954 was the year of introduction of the MP and <strong>some</strong> MP's had the framelines for 35mm, so this lens would have matched that model. The M2 did not appear until 1956. "<br>

I think your dates are off a bit. The M3 was introduced in 1954. The MP was introduced in 1956. The M2 was intrtoduced in 1957.</p>