New Website, Documentary and Portraits

<p>Michael,<br>

I looked through the whole site, something I usually don't have the patience to do, and liked many of the pictures. The only I gripe I have is with your use of the increasingly popular horizontal scroll bar, but that's only because I'm more used to scrolling up and down.</p>

<p>The amiable simplicity and intimacy of your photographs, coupled with good design, are your strongest assets.</p>

<p>I wish you had used a tungsten color correction filter of some kind with the bistro photos. The orange cast is overwhelming.</p>

<p> I also love Jean Loup Sieff's work, followed it for decades. Good work, Michael.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Michael, I think the photograph of the lady and the coca-cola sign is absolutely fantastic! And I especially like your portrait section which show a depth and imagination that I can definately learn from. Congratulations on your site and your good work and thankyou.</p>

<p>P.S. I have no problem with the scroll bar at all. In fact, I think your site is one of the easiest to navigate. VDP</p>

<p>I don't see a problem with the horizontal scroll bar. In fact, I believe I prefer this method to the vertical scrolling as it keeps all the web site navigation on the screen. Nikon's ViewNX uses it, Google's Picasa uses it, and I believe some sort of Microsoft Windows viewer uses the horizontal slide bar. Nice clean site. Any relation to Ernst?</p>

<p>Mark</p>

<p>Why the need to explain at the end of the scroll of pics why I should be attracted to these photographs, what's good about them and how I should look at them?<br>

Also, people who very rarely participate on photonet (like once a year) and then drop in suddenly to advertise themselves to a link with top page "Purchasing Prints". Find that odd too..</p>

<p>I think they are pretty nicely done, commercial and "life style" type of photos, especially the portraits, but I don't think they are really street or documentary photos, as it seems to imply from the text that Ray was talkingn about that these were models??. Is that the case?</p>

<p>How about clicking on the photos and they enlarge directly below the horizontal scroll bar the the enlarged photos could then self scroll. having to scroll to see the photos is disruptive to the eyes. It was recommended to me the same basically and I like it for my site.</p>