Saving multiple slides as individual files - Epson v700

<p>I am trying to use my new Epson V700 to scan slides. The preview of the slides works great, but when I try to save what I have scanned, it only saves the first slide and not the remaining 7 slides. I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. <br>

I'm using the EPSON Scan software. I put 8 slides into the slide holder and put it on the scanner bed. I'm using the "Professional Mode" mode of the EPSON Scan software. I do a "preview" and I see 8 individual slides. I used the "all" button, which puts a blue border around each of the 8 slides. I then hit the checkbox, so each slide has the check box marked. When I hit the "scan" button, it says it is scanning 1 of 8, 2 of 8, etc. I then hit the button to save the file. It then says saving 1 of 8, 2 of 8, etc. When I look on my disk, I only see the first slide as having been saved. I've burned nearly 2 hours trying to figure it out. I'm at a loss. What am I doing wrong?</p>

<p>the documentation sucks doesn't it</p>

<p>you need to click on each item (each thumbnail) You'll notice that if you click on one, it has a border around it (and the border moved to which one you clicked). So</p>

<ul>

<li>click on first, then shift click on last (should select all)</li>

<li>ctl click on each that you wish to scan</li>

</ul>

<p>You could try the documentation Patrick posted. I am guessing you aren't using an image editing program? Personally I haven't tried using the Epson software as a standalone, I open it using Adobe Elements. I'd think you should/could use whatever image editing program was included with your scanner from Epson (Silverfast I think?).<br>

Also don't use the thumbnail/preview mode, Epson's software crops in 5-10% on negatives and slides using this mode. You'll want to use normal preview mode, then drag the selection box over each slide. Begin by doing it over 1 slide, then hit the marquee button, which will create a copy of your selection area, then drag that over the next slide and so on. Click on each selection to make any changes to the scanner settings for that slide. Then just hold down Control while clicking on each slide area and then hit scan and it will batch scan them. This is the only way to ensure you actually get the entire area scanned. You may need to crop slightly in your image editing program. Once you've done it a few times it doesn't add more then 4-5 minutes tops to selecting the negatives/slides and later cropping any slight excess.</p>

<p>Along with Matthew, I've only scanned within Photoshop, using the Epson software. I don't think other software will automatically create multiple files. I don't recall doing anything special to get that to happen.</p>

<p>The scanning area can be changed so nothing is lost in the scan. Go to the scan preview settings and select medium or large, so that the full image (and some mount) is scanned.</p>

<p>Sorry I'm only going rom memory here. My My V700 is packed up as I have it for sale.</p>

<p>I did look at the documentation on the Epson website, but I'm not seeing what I need. I'm going to post a screen shot of what I am seeing. When I do a preview, I see individual slides. I select them all, which puts a blue border around each of them. I also use the checkbox on each of them. This implies to me that they are all selected. Also, it says it is scanning "1 of 8", "2 of 8", etc., and it says it is saving "1 of 8", "2 of 8", etc.</p><div>00SqTc-118825584.thumb.jpg.7467482d4e86bf752de679534e69bad5.jpg</div>

• 5 years later...

<p>Liz,<br>

Did you ever find a solution to the problem you had trying to scan a batch of slides? I have an Epson V700, decided to try scanning some slides, and ran into the same problem. Your description is exactly what I encountered. I've selected all of the slides in the holder, it says it's scanning each slide, but only one shows up in the designated folder (or anywhere on my computer). <br>

I realize it's been six years since you posted your question, but I'm hoping you, or someone, will see this and know what I need to do to fix the problem.<br>

Thanks!</p>