Rebel XSi replacement focusing screen?

rubo

<p>

<p>Long story short, i managed to get some dust on the screen (no it didn't come out with air).</p>

<p>So, i removed the screen, cleaned it, put it back, but managed to put a small scratch on it.</p>

<p>Is there a website where i could buy a replacement screen, or if any one knows if canon sells them?</p>

<p>I called canon, but they told me to send the camera in for service.</p>

<p>Is my only option to get the KatzEye screen?</p>

<p>Thank you in advance.</p>

</p>

<p>The screen is officially not a "user replacable" part, that's why they want you to send the camera in for service.</p>

<p>I'm surprised Canon wouldn't sell you one though. If you just get through to the parts department and ask for the XSi screen, they should be able to give you a price. If you go through Customer Service, they're going to discourage you since in their instructions it probably says it is not user replacable. Obviously since you've removed and replaced yours, you've figured out how to do it.</p>

<p>Thanks Bob, so i need to get to the parts deparment. I'll try it tomorrow.</p>

<p>Actually it's rather simple to change it. It's only held in place with a small plate/bracket made out of a spring-steel (don't know how else to describe it).</p>

<p>Any body knows a phone # for the parts department?</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Rubo/Javier,<br>

I have the same problem. I wouldn't want to send my camera to the factory just to have the focusing screen replaced. Can you describe how exactly the replacement is done? Do I have to take the camera apart? Even with tweezers, it is pretty hard to get to?<br>

Some pictures would be very helpful and much appreciated!</p>

• 8 months later...