Batch scan with Vuescan

galileo42

<p>I am just starting to use Vuescan 8.4 in a Power Mac and Coolscan LS 4000 (used Nikon Scan before) but I have yet to find a way to save a set of image adjustments and apply them to, say, a six frames strip, before launching the scan. Can you help? Thank you.</p>

<p>I just started using Vuescan so if I lead you astray I apologize. This all assumes your not doing the guide me thing. If you see a more tab at the bottom click that until there is no more. If you havent tried the guide me button yet you might try that as everything will be semi-automatic from there.</p>

<p>In the Crop tab, use the settings<br /> Crop size: 35mm Film<br /> Multi crop: Custom<br /> Multi type: 35mm Film<br /> X images: 2 (this is how many strips your trying to scan)<br /> Y images: 6 (this is how many frames)</p>

<p>Now go back to the input tab and set it up for transparency and film negative.<br /> Start with Frame number: 1 (now size and position the dotted outline box around your upper left frame)<br /> Change the Frame number to 2 and reposition, run through all 12 (or how ever many your doing).</p>

<p>And there's what I did with my Mikrotek Scanmaker 5 in Vista, or at least what I remember doing. You should be able to get everything else working from there.</p>

<p>Dan</p>

<p>Actually now that I think about it, you should have the Input tab set up for transparency and film negative before you do anything to the Crop tab, but then go back to the Input tab to correct the placement and size of the frames.</p>

<p>Dan, what I'm actually referring to is adjustments to shadows and highlights, and overall contrast and tones, then applying them to the six frames of the strip I'm going to batch scan, without having to redo it for every frame.</p>

<p>Janne, what do you mean by «mark the frame»?</p>

<p>Thank you both.</p>

<p>There are two ways to do this with Vuescan. Let the program decide on each shot or let the program decide on the first shot then lock it in. I guess there's always the third option of tweaking until you get it looking right and then locking it in too but you want automated.</p>

<p>On the Input tab when you have the most features available there is a check box at the bottom 'Lock image color'. When you check that it will lock in the color settings. Then a box will appear letting you lock in the film base as well (or something to that effect, I don't have it going right now). If you don't have these checked the program will do things automatically for you, if you have them checked you will need to make sure that its set to record at settings that are acurate.</p>

<p>Dan</p>