Out-dated type 79, how old can it be before it's useless?

<p>I've been hunting for more type 79 for ages. I finally hit on a stockist that has some out-dated film. The problem is that it's dated October 1999!<br>

I know that big color shifts are seen with films that are 3 years past it, but how about 10! Do you think the developer will have evaporated to nothing?<br>

Anybody used 'orribly out of date large format polaroid? any experiences would really help.<br>

Thanks,<br>

Benj </p>

<p>hi ben,</p>

<p>i have frequently bought up outdated polaroid 79 and 50's series. but i have had the experience that anything older than a year going to creating trouble. i believe the developing emulsion starts getting hard and therefore is not any longer spread evenly. missing corners on the print, colour shifts etc. are a result of that.</p>

<p>so, imho, forget about the purchase you have in mind. think of switching to fuji FP-100 c and 45. better colours! they need different holders though. polaroid 405 and 550. </p>

<p>hope this helps!?</p>

<p>another thing: don't deepfreeze, only cool polaroid/fuji material!</p>

<p>Ben, I would pass on this old of film. The max I get from the LF films are about 2 years if they've been stored in a refrigerator, a little longer if you don't care as much about image quality. As Douglas points out, my problem isn't in color shift, it is usually because the emulsion starts to stick and it's just a mess to pull apart without damaging the image.</p>