What happens when a Pentaxian and a Nikonian hit Rock Bottom?

sleahy73

<p>Hi all!<br>

Ok, I haven't posted in a while. I've been "digging in the dirt". I have to give all of the credit for this thread to Eric, the Nikonian, but at least, this time, the pictures were taken with my K10D (by Eric's wife, Anita). In the mean time, I'm trying to reignite the pilot light. I hope to up load some new photos (first time since September) and amybe even add a new country (folder) to my gallery. It was great to see Eric and Anita again, even if for just a few beers and a couple of silly snap shots. And many thanks to the few of you I've been in touch with over the last few months, as well as those posters who have given me some much to think about, and encouragement.<br>

So what happens when... ? Well, I'll let you figure it out...<br>

Sean</p><div>00SV5W-110454084.jpg.aea2a8a293d8d114cfc871bc8d989e44.jpg</div>

<p>'Twas a fine brew we were sipping in these photos.</p>

<p>A hearty ale brewed by Optical Brewers of Japan, whose slogan is "The glass is half the experience".</p>

<p>Alcohol content is a constant 2.8%, though it can be pushed up to 22% with a special ring at the bottom of the mug.</p>

<p>Close focusing is limited to 5 feet while consuming this ale. Stabilization is best achieved with a tripod, though a handrail can come in handy.</p>

<p>Good to see you back, Sean. It's wierd, but just yesterday I was thinking about you and was going to e-mail you to see what happened with your crazy film project. Did you start it? Are you at sea again? Did you make it over to Europe like you'd planned? Dude, if you just disappear like that, questions build up.</p>

<p>Hey, are you drinking out of your Tokina 80-200mm? You'll have to sell me that lens when you get bored of it, but please wipe the beer foam from it :-)</p>

<p>Yeah, you and me both! I guess that's what you get when you start bracketing beers!<br>

It was the 80-200 Tokina, in deed, Mis. I am back out on a boat, and Europe was nice. I've added a few photos in a new folder to my gallery. I'll shoot you an e-mail asap...</p>

<blockquote>

<p>A brief comment - I do wish the Nikon forum had the sense of humor to entertain a post like this.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>As you know, Eric, we Pentaxians have crappy, cheap cameras and lenses, and are lacking in technical skills, so we can't really talk about photography because we'd embarrass ourselves. Hence, these types of posts are the only ones left to us. If they weren't allowed they'd have to shut the Pentax forum.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>If I weren't so far into Nikon for both film & digital I'd buy a K20D & lenses just to be different.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Eric, if you're a Nikonian posting in a Pentax forum...you're already different! :-D</p>