Any ideas/Nikon D40 fawlty

jenkins

<p>This has been going on for a while, i switch the camera on and nothing happens, its really bad now i can switch it on 8 or 9 times and it does not come on. I have tried pushing the battery very gently to see if it is the battery and it appears not, i have also tried the reset button, which helped for a day and then back to the same.<br>

Is there anything else i can try before i think about sending it off? Typically my warranty has just ran over the year it was good for :(<br>

Thanks.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Also try doing a "hard" reset of your camera (more effective than simply resetting all settings to their defaults): Remove both the main battery and the memory cell (the coin-like battery in the same compartment -- also called the date/time battery). Leave the batteries out for several hours and then re-install.</p>

<p>I just want to add i have found the master reset button, maybe helpful to anyone with a Nikon D40 or maybe it applys to others, its located at the in the middle of the USB and video input on the side of the camera, its tiny, but seems so far to have done the job :)</p>