Cheap reflectors in Europe.

rodeo_joe1

<p>I went to my local Aldi supermarket today and returned with a neat silver/white reflector for just over 2 GB

pounds! That's about $3.5 US.<br>

The thing was actually supposed to be a car windscreen protector, but looked as if it would make a good silver

reflector. Imagine how pleased I was when I unpacked it to find that the inside surface was pure white.

Measurements are around 1.6 metres long by 0.7 metres wide with fastening tapes at each end. The material looks

reasonably strong, and the whole thing packs to an almost pocketable size.<br>

Lastolite, eat your heart out.</p>

<p>How will you frame/support this? Electrical conduit/PVC pipe are often suggested as DIY solutions.</p>

<p>I use a windscreen protector that has a wire hoop built in so it folds to about 15" (~40cm) diameter for storage. I use an avenger grip head to hold it to a light duty light stand.</p>

<p><Chas><br /></p>

<p>What I had in mind was to hang the reflector vertically from a lighting stand and bounce two small flasheads off it, forming a strip light or small vertical window-light. The folds in the material actually make it quite rigid, so that it's just about possible to stand it up on the floor as a low-level fill-in reflector. Or I could use the ties between two stands, or hang it vertically as an unlit fill-in. I might get another one and cut it into two or more handheld reflectors, since at that price I can afford to be experimental with it.</p>