Bishop assaulted by police after photographing sons sitting on roof.

<p ><strong>A bishop who claims he was assaulted by police after photographing his two sons sitting on top of their south London home has threatened legal action.</strong><br>

Bishop Jonathan Blake, 52, pictured the boys, who he said were wearing harnesses, reading books on the roof in Welling as part of a school challenge.<br>

He said he punched and kicked after his arrest last month, before he was released by the Metropolitan Police.<br>

The force said the allegations would be dealt with appropriately. <!-- E SF --><br>

<strong>'Brutal policing'</strong><br>

The police spokesman also confirmed that the bishop was released after his arrest and that no further action would be taken.<br>

"I was arrested without questioning and without any details being taken and without any ability to stop this waste of police resources," Bishop Blake said.<br>

"This was a gratuitous example of unintelligent and brutal policing."</p>

<p>I'm glad I referenced the news article. At first I thought 'harnesses' and then thought 'deviant.' Still one could understand that someone on the ground would have 'grounds' :) to believe that the children were endangered. I don't condone the police action if true.</p>

<p>Yeah, Victor, it was that "harness" thing that had me interested enough to look it up. Here's what I thought it would be (<a href="http://www.domshoppe.com/design/Men%202006/M28-100.htm">link</a> )* Maybe the word harness was used by the bishop when he talked to the police? That would explain a lot. ;)</p>

<p>_________<br>

*and avoid the hilarity, no I don't shop there, I just Googled it up and that was the first hit or so.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Maybe the word harness was used by the bishop when he talked to the police? That would explain a lot.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>No. In the UK, the term harness would only mean a safety device as originally intended. Especially in the context of someone on a roof. UK police would not automatically think about what was in your link.</p>