New Canon Rebate Program

michael_ziegler2

<p>That's exactly what I thought Ron. At first I thought it was $200 off all the listed products (and got interested when I saw the flash at the bottom of the list - that would be some sweet discount!), but then I read you had to buy body, lens AND flash to get it... I guess it might work for some people, but not many.</p>

<p>Its just a 18 day rebate promo and it ends Pre-PMA.</p>

<p>I hate mail away & pray rebate offers. I lost out on two $160 Sandisk /B&H visa gift card deals last year: 2008. Nothing received from either carefully filled out offers on two sets of three 8GB Extreme III purchases. I'm unhappy Sandisk stiffed me on two promised $160 B&H visa card shopping sprees.</p>

<p>If it isn't an instant rebate money off at point of purchase I'll pass unless I was going to buy the item anyways. Canon's mail away promo requires you to spend $2,000 to $4,000 + to get a $200 promised check in the mail. </p>

<p>Lindy</p>

<p>I agree that this promotion isn't going to do a huge amount to boost sales, especiually as they specifically exclude body+lens kits (like the 5D MkII + 24-105).</p>

<p>BTW I got that Sandisk rebate without any bother at all. I didn't even have to call them up and yell at them like I expected I would have to. I did make copies of everything and send the rebate application in by certified mail so that somebody would have to sign for it. Maybe that helped. My prepaid Visa card showed up in the mail within about a month.</p>

<p>I assume you called them and yelled when you didn't get your rebate?</p>

<p>Bummer! I didn't know I had to call and yell at them too.</p>

<p>My first CF 8GB III was needed for my 1st 5D purchase. Then the next two CF 8GB Extreme III during same promo were needed due to 2nd 5D purchase. The last rebatable order under a second rebate promo scheme were based on entirely on getting the $160 back. Still have two of those CF sealed in their plastic. I didn't really need them.</p>

<p>The first $160 would have been nice but I needed the three cards anyways. The second $160 lost made me mad. But not enough to yell at anyone. I guess I've got to add the step in the rebate process huh? So Now I skip any future mail away and pray Sandisk / B&H visa card promos. Worked right for me, right before Christmas I got two Sandisk III SD 30mb/sec for $39.99 for my new K20D. Then after a few days price popped back up to $79.99 with a nominal $15 rebate. </p>

<p>If I don't get the discount at point of purchase then its just not a real deal to me. If I don't "need" it I won't buy it due to a better price via a "rebate" scheme.</p>

<p> </p>