seeking quick way to find batches of files in Lightroom

<p>I have a large Adobe Lightroom library (on a Mac), and often get e-mails from clients requesting files by name. The files are often spread among various drives and directories, so locating the images and compiling a collection of them becomes half the job. Is there some way to paste a client's list of filenames into a search utility so that Lightroom will go find all the files and build a collection automatically? <br /> (I've already tried Apple's Automator, but there are no Lightroom functions available to it. And unlike Photoshop, with Lightroom you can't just locate the file in Finder and open Lightroom to edit it--you have to do the search internally within the LR catalog.)</p>

<p>There's no concise way to do a multi-find like you suggest. Definitely worth a feature request -- <a href="http://www.adobe.com/support/feature.html">here's a link to the form</a> .</p>

<p>In the meantime, I can suggest some ways to make it easier for you.</p>

<p>First, populate the IPTC Job Identifier (JobID) field with the name of your client. Then you'll be able to go to All Photographs and filter on that Job ID, and narrow your search to just those shots.</p>

<p>If you also mark those photos that have actually been delivered to that client with a color label or flag, then you can narrow it further. You could also create Smart Collections and/or filter presets based on these criteria so you can get to them more quickly.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>First, populate the IPTC Job Identifier (JobID) field with the name of your client. Then you'll be able to go to All Photographs and filter on that Job ID, and narrow your search to just those shots.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Mark beat me to it! You might also want to add the client, project name , and possibly the client's PO # (if used)or job # ( if used) to your keywords list.</p>

<p>I also set up collections using client's name in Collections.</p>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<p>Mark beat me to it! You might also want to add the client, project name , and possibly the client's PO # (if used)or job # ( if used) to your keywords list.</p>

<p>I also set up collections using client's name in Collections.</p>

<p>I use a client name, project, date / or aprt number to each shot as follow;</p>

<p>JOHNSMITH_VOGUE_01012009-01234.tif, that way in need i can search for JOHNSMITH and get all the project, then see witch one i need and use the correct date to refine my search critera. Will not help you now with your workflow, but maybe it could help it for later ; )</p>