Winner and 2nd and Third Place for Best Wedding shot of 2008 - UP to 3 years experience

think27

<p>Congratulations to Jill, Bryce and Dennis; and thanks to the judges for having this contest. My very first time to participate in a photo contest, and the review of these images daily and anticipation of the final judging was quite a thrill... Mike</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I'm disappointed that my shot wasn't even in the running, considering that it didn't seem to show any of the specific flaws like background/object intersection with heads, skin blemishes, or any improper subject cropping (all of which I do take pains to avoid). My image was planned, exposed a certain way on purpose and processed a certain way on purpose. I guess interaction between two or more people was a necessary element to the judges, because that's the only thing the winning shots consistently have in common that my shot lacked.</p>

<p>Thanks Mary,<br>

Judges had to make some tough choices in both categories. I don't necessary agree with all their choices after reviewing the candidates, as each image brings out different emotion in the eye of the beholder. Their choices struck them different then me and I completely respect that and their choices. When will this "contest" be run again?</p>

<p>Congrats to the winners, they are technically and artistically sound.</p>

<p>Looking back over the entries, I should have waited to see the others first.<br>

My entry was what I thought at the time to be all encompassing of her wedding day.<br>

Beautiful scenery, the wedding party, bride and groom about to walk into the light...</p>

<p>In hindsight, I had images that were more in the vein of what I'm seeing as the judges choice.</p>

<p>Maybe a contest that covers the many individual categories (details, bridal, ceremony, etc..)<br>

My .02</p>

<p>Cheers</p>