How to drag and drop photos into a particular order

<p>Many times I would like photos in a folder to be in a particular order. I would love to be able to look at them in thumbnail view and then just drag and drop them into whatever order I would like and then have them from then on, remain in that order. I just read in my CS2 manual and it makes it seem as though I should be able to drag and drop in Bridge but I just tried it and all I get is that circle with a line through it, letting know that what I'm trying isn't going to happen.</p>

<p>1. Is there any way in CS2 and or the Bridge version that came with it, to drag and drop actual visual images into a particular order and then have them stay in that order in the PC's folder?</p>

<p>2. If not, is there any inexpensive and or free programs that will allow me to do this.</p>

<p>Thanks Peter. It's never been on anything but manual. I did just look and noticed that ascending order was also checked. I unchecked that and it didn't make any difference. When I try to drag, I just get that circle with the diagonal line through it, showing me that what I'm trying isn't going to happen.</p>

<p>When I click on "Sort" mine also shows Ascending Order checked, but I am allowed to sort. In fact, if I manually sort, and then uncheck Ascending Order, my manually sorted order reverses, but not reverts. If you had a mac I'd suggest repairing permissions, or trashing the preference file, both of which might fix it, but it sounds like you're on a pc. That's all I've got.</p>

<p>Peter</p>