Profoto Pro7 or Acute 2 ?

sari_menos

<p>I have a question. Obviously haha! :)<br>

anyways .... i am looking to buy some lighting equiment... i want at lease 2 lights and a ringflash with a pack. I have two in mind...<br>

Profoto acute 2 2400 ....the only problem you cant take this outside<br>

Profoto Pro 7 1200 ....the only problem you cant use inside ..unless you buy an adaptor for $1800!</p>

<p>do you have any advise on which one to get ...is there anyway to use the pro 7 indoors for cheaper? is there anyway to use the acute2 outdoors? i need to use inside and outside!!! Which one do you reccommend?</p>

<p>It will be used for people..models, children etc... inside for studio work and outside ..at night..at 12 to over power the sun etc... i would really appreciate it if yall could help me out :D!!</p>

<p>You have multiple choices. There are battery powered packs for both the acute and Pro line, however none are 2400 w-s and you can use the battery ones plugged in to keep them charging. The acute battery pack (of course you can use it indoors) is 600 ws. If you need more power than 1200 ws then you need to have the line-powered packs and you can get either acute or pro depending on what you need for other accessories.</p>

<p>There is quite a difference pricewise between the two. How did you narrow it down to the two? My local rental house has told me that the 1200ws Acute pack can be run off a Dynalite battery pack with no problems. If I needed portable power I would not hesitate to use the combination. The Pro7b is the standard for portable lighting and a price tag to match but they can be found on eBay for an attractive price.</p>

<p>thanks for the reply's!<br>

well i reallly want the pro 7 ,but its a battery pack only ....and it cost's 1800 for an adapter to use indoors!! Is there any way of getting around that? can i make a homemade adapter or are there other adapter i could use?</p>

<p>i called b&h photo video and they said the pro 7 1200 and 2400 are battery powered only</p>

<p>Acute 2 AC pack will do modelling lights so will work indoors but you will need a pure sinewave inverter or generator to use it in the field.<br>

Pro7B pack has 100W max modelling lights (that don't stay on permanently) so its really not a studio pack but will work well in field. 7B2 might be closer to doing what you want as it can run 250w modelling lamps that I believe can be on all the time (it is of course more cash though)</p>