Concerned with Spyder 3 Pro Calibration

<p>Hi Everyone,<br>

I'm wondering if there is another way to check if my monitor has been calibrated correctly. I just used the Spyder 3 Pro last night and now I feel that everything has a bit of a magenta cast to it. I did it twice and got the same results. I figured I might just be getting used to it but was wondering if there was another good way to test if it's correct. <br>

Thanks,<br>

-Heath</p>

<p>Patrick, I forgot to mention that I'm using the Spyder on a 24" iMac with a backlit LCD screen. Do I still have those options available to me? Maybe I missed something... This is my first time calibrating a monitor so it's entirely possible I screwed up somewhere.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I forgot to mention that I'm using the Spyder on a 24" iMac with a backlit LCD screen</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The LED could be the problem. The Spyder 3 should have filters that account for that type of display, or so I'm told (I have no direct experience with the Spyder 3, earlier products were junk). I thought you had to somehow inform the software that you're using an odd illuminant type display so it can account for this spectra. But I know for a fact that the newer white LED LCDs are problematic in terms of calibrating with most Colorimeters. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Another issue with the iMac's are the two pieces of glass (or the one piece actually in front of the display surface). Not at all ideal. I was told there is a way to remove the glass but, who knows what that does to the warranty. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)