Need feedback please

<p >Hi everyone, <br />I have just performed a major update to my website, adding more than 200 pictures and entire new galleries. I checked and re-checked it out several times and I think everything just works fine, though sometimes I have the feeling as it is a bit slow. My internet connection though has just been horrible in the last days, so I can't really tell that for sure. Would you mind to have a look and let me know how it looks and works for you? </p>

<p ></p>

<p ><a href="http://www.paolodefaveri.com">www.paolodefaveri.com</a><br /><br />Thanks in advance, your support is highly appreciated. <br />Paolo </p>

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I just looked at it quickly just now. The images are amazing btw. The loading is slow on my end (DSL cable). Each image takes about 5-6 seconds to load. One feedback, maybe move the loading bar to the bottom? So that while pictures load it doesn't cover the image that you are looking at.</p>

<p>Nate</p>

<p>Paulo,</p>

<p>I think it's very nice, and the pictures really are good. I do agree that they seem to be loading slowly, even on pages outside of the gallery.</p>

<p>A couple of usability suggestions. First, when I clicked on a thumbnail to select the gallery, I did get that gallery, but the first picture was different from the thumbnail. It was disconcerting and hung me up a bit, and took me a bit to figure out what was going on.</p>

<p>Second, I would suggest giving the user the option to manually forward through the images rather than being bound by the timing of the slideshow. Also, the Pause Slideshow button would be more accessible if it were just underneath the picture.</p>

<p>Finally, it would be helpful if the mouse over feature also paused the slideshow - I was in the middle of reading a caption a couple of times and the image changed.</p>

<p>All those are fine points, though I do they they would improve the user experience. Well done - it's a very attractive site.</p>

<p>Paolo, You have a very nice web site and Your work is fantastic. I aslo noticed that your images are loading slowly, One thing about the site on the main page to enter the gallery it says welcome. I think the word enter would provide less confusion than welcome. </p>

<p>paolo,<br>

excellent work. a few things i like about the website. i like the quick and relevant information for pricing and the clear layout for the galleries.</p>

<p>i have just one comment about the layout when viewing a specific gallery. it's not clear what the relationship is between the thumbnails on the left and the thumbs on the right. maybe you could consider moving the logo and gallery description to the top and eliminating the thumbs on the left? this might free up some space for the thumbs on the right so they are not crowded.</p>

<p>two more small points. should "italian and european landscape photography" be centered within its row?</p>

<p>i also agree that the images could load a little bit faster (i'm on cable), but don't compromise your image quality too much.</p>

<p>it's interesting that we arrived at roughly the same layout color schemes. the vermilion ink from old manuscripts influenced me. where is your layout idea from?</p>

<p>rj</p>

<p> </p>