Nikon D3 Malfunction (Why does this do this?)

gwyatt

<p>My D3 keeps jamming up with no rime or reason. Nikon has looked at it and they say it works fine but that is in there lab and people are not paying them to capture there day so they can not reproduce this jam.<br>

If I take the card out it resets and starts working again. Until it jamms again.<br>

Here is a photo of what the display show while it is jammed.</p>

<p>Has anybody had this problem?</p><div>00S7jN-105321884.jpg.86369ca3d133d3de33b2dcbb704eac0c.jpg</div>

<p>Dwight<br>

Yes I have tried 6 diffrent cards. No, turning the power on and off keeps it jammed. Nikon thought it was a formatting problem but they formated my cards in there office and it still happens. </p>

<p>Rob... yes i should of added this to my Original post. Thanks for your responce.</p>

<p>Bjorn.... Lock ups? Just a problem of it reading on none nikkor lens?</p>

<p>Thanks for your comments</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Well i have go with the idea that it is the lens that I have been using. There is no other explanation. Nikon has replaced my first D3 and the problem kept happening. From now on i will only shoot Nikkor lens and see if this problem continues. <br>

Thanks for all your help and comments.</p>

<p>Greg, which lens seems to be causing the compatibility problem? When I first got my D2H I tried it with several third party lenses and a handful of older Sigma and Tamron lenses produced similar errors. Third party lenses made since the D2H had been introduced worked without a hitch, but those that pre-dated the D2H were iffy.</p>

<p>You might try contacting the lens manufacturer to see if they can help resolve the problem. To Sigma's credit, despite the occasional QC issues they have a good reputation for resolving customer complaints.</p>