Problem in SEARCH

ricardmn1

<p >When I search my space by <strong>Community < Member Directory</strong> , and I write in </p>

<p >‘Last Name Begins with’: <em>Muñoz Nieva </em> </p>

<p >or in </p>

<p >‘Email adderess begins with’: <em><b>ADMIN EDIT: email removed -J</b></em> </p>

<p > I do not appear in the results. Why?</p>

<p > Thanks<br>

Ricardo Muñoz Nieva</p>

<p>I just did a search using a partial e-mail address and the link to your profile page popped right up.</p>

<p>Two-part names may pose a problem for the database search. I'm probably remembering this incorrectly, but I seem to recall that in some Spanish speaking countries the order of last names taken from the maternal and paternal sides of the family are sometimes reversed.</p>

<p>BTW, you shouldn't post your complete e-mail address publicly. It will eventually be harvested by bots for spamming your e-mail account.</p>

<p>Indeed, if I write my partial e-mail address, my name does appear in the search.<br /> <br /> It does not appear when I write <em>Muñoz </em> or <em>Muñoz Nieva</em> . It does not appears if I write <em>Nieva </em> or <em>Nieva Muñoz</em> . <br /> <br /> It's not a big problem, I understand that the database is not very "intelligent". <br /> <br /> Lex, thank you very much for the rapid and complete answer.<br /> Best regards.<br /> Ricardo</p>

The database sees your last name as being "Muñoz Nieva". It may be the "ñ" that is causing the problems. There was a time when the PN database could not deal with accented characters. That was fixed at one point, but I have no idea if the search was adjusted to deal with it.

Most people probably use the site search that is in the upper right of every page when looking for something. So you should be encouraged that your name appears very highly if you search for "Muñoz Nieva" there.