nikon 105mm 2.8d or sigma 105mm?

azn137

<p>Hi guys, it's me again. I'm just going to straight to the question I'm having right now. KEH is having this Nikon 105mm f2.8D for $450, EX or EX+ condition. OTOH, Amazon.com has this Sigma 105mm f2.8 for $400. So, my question is, which one should I get. If it's from KEH, should I get the EX or EX+ one??</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Tam.</p>

<p>I would go with a Sigma 150 macro personally. I have a Nikkor 105VR f2.8 and a Sigma 150 macro. They are both excellent lenses and the reason I got the 150 was for more working distance on nervous bugs; however you will find that both lenses serve very well as portrait lenses also.</p>

<p>If the optical formula of the AF 105 Nikkor is the same as the old manual-focus 105, I can also testify to what a great lens it is.<br>

Plus, keeping your lenses 'all in the family', so to speak, means your lenses are all going to have (close to) the same color characteristics, so you won't have to develop different post-processing techniques for each lens.</p>

<p>If it's really worth it, I can cough up another $50 to get the EX+ one (http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/ProductList.aspx?Mode=Digital&item=0&ActivateTOC2=&ID=13&BC=DN&BCC=3&CC=6&CCC=2&BCL=&GBC=&GCC=). The thing is, I'm not sure whether I should get the Sigma 105mm, Sigma 70mm or Nikon 105mm :(</p>

<p>This is a huge dilemma for me.</p>

<p>Thanks for your great responses so far.</p>