<p>A while back my Nikon scanner spit the bit. After 7 years and two repairs (one warranty), I decided not to spend money on another repair. I don't use it often enough to justify the money for a new one. I have seen Plustek scanners around and they seem to get relatively good reviews and they are half the cost of a Nikon. I still scan on occassion and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this brand?</p>

<p>I have a 7200i and I love it. Sure it's not a 9000, but it was under $300 - with it's equiv of digital ice. It only works for the PC, so my mac is lonely. The 7500ai is faster, has the ai version of silverfast and works on mac/pc. I prefer Vuescan, but that's just an opinion. I can't see you regretting it.</p>

<p>I have the Plustek 7500i SE that came with Silverfast SE. I since downloaded Vuescan and like it more than the Silverfast. I am still learning to use the scanner to obtain optimum results, but overall, I like it very much and am satisfied with the results. If I were going to do it over, I would get the base level 7500i and then get Viewscan.<br>

Keith</p>