Shutterspeed

linda_roina

<p>Do you perhaps have Bracketing turned on?<br>

That would alternate the shutterspeed after each shot, it could go in groups of 3's... if you press the button on the front of the camera, below the lens, and it shows 3F 1.0, or something like that not starting with 0F, then you have bracketing turned on... Turning the dials will either switch the First or the second group. 0F at the front turns bracketing off. I use bracketing for everything but my flash pictures of cats and people at 1/180s f/8.</p>

<p>In manual mode both the aperture and shuttter speeds should at the value you have set whether you point the camera to the sky or into a cave. The meter will see the change of light and suggest you change the settings for proper exposure. It sounds like you don't have it in manual exposure mode or there is a problem with the camera. You did change the exposure mode through the menu or top button set? You should have P, S, A or M options.</p>

<p>Linda,<br>

is it possible that you accidentally hit the dial which controls the shutter speed? I shoot a lot in A mode & I have on so many occasions changed my f/8 to just about anything & everything. It is easy to do as your setting isn't "locked" in. It's set where you placed it - until something changes....<br>

JMHO<br>

Lil :-)</p>