Most forgiving print film for mixed lighting situations?

<p>I shoot mostly slide film (Provia 100F and 400X), so don't know much about print film. That said, I frequently am attempting to shoot pictures of family and friends in mixed indoor lighting.<br>

For example, my living room is a mix of halogen and fluorescent. Sometimes with flash. I also frequently shoot in rooms light by tungsten, and augment with flash.<br /> <br /> Are any of the print films more "forgiving" of mixed lighting, especially for skin tones? I was thinking perhaps Portra 160NC or 400. Any advice from those who have a lot of experience shooting print film in mixed lighting?</p>

<p>The most forgiving film for mixed lighting is B&W. There are times you simply can't fix things in post unless you convert to B&W. The other solution is to match lighting. If you use a flash, use a gel to match its color temperature with the environment. Unfortunately, many large spaces use metal vapor lights to save energy costs. These lights do not have a continuous spectrum and are nearly impossible to dial out or match. That's the time to break out Tri-X.</p>

<p>Reala seems to do a pretty darned good job in mixed lighting, as does Superia 400 and 800. The worst I'll see is a very warm cast from tungsten or Flourescent (CFL) lighting. As an example of mixed lighting, this is a picture with mixed Tungsten (the lights on the tree), a CFL off frame to the right (a 60w equivelent on the otherside of the room) and natural light from a sliding glass door to the left (dusk and overcast, so very blue natural lighting). Superia 400.<br>

Oh and the paint on the walls is a light/medium blue color, just so you don't think there is a massive color cast on them.</p><div>00S0lp-103737584.jpg.052f0cc12d785038da73a35a4ab24115.jpg</div>