Large Images in CS3 Bridge Preview

<p>I just replaced my Camera Raw.8bi files with ACR 4.6 in 2 locations:<br>

Adobe Photosshop CS3 > Plug-Ins > File Formats<br>

and<br>

Adobe Bridge CS3 > Plug-Ins<br>

so I could process some Nikon D90 images. The first 25 thumbnails (of 425) show up fine. However, the rest of the thumbnals will not resolve in the Content pane. Also, the images that show in the Adobe Bridge Preview pane are small (thumbnail size). All images open fine in Photoshop. <br>

My Canon raw files work fine. I've tried different preferences settings to no avail. Any suggestions?</p>

<p>Purge the cache for that folder. Then open that folder again in Bridge and go have your dinner while Bridge processes all the images in that folder and rebuilds the cache. 425 images will take a while, especially if you have elected to build high quality previews. While Adobe claims that you can begin to work with the images in the folder before this process is complete, I find that this will often interrupt the process.</p>

<p>That's a nasty CS3/Bridege bug. It got fixed, as far as I can tell so far, with CS4/Bridge.</p>

<p>For example -- if I have Bridge 2.0 running in a folder, say "20081221", and then add a few more image files to it via Windows Folder copy, the previews often times for those new files gets broken. Purging the local cache doesn't always fix it; I've found othwer workaround (use a temp folder for copying new daily files before copy and move/paste them to the original 20081221 daily working folder.</p>