Website Advice

drew bedo

<p>Merry Christmas Everyone,<br>

My website, <a href="http://www.quietlightphoto.com">www.quietlightphoto.com</a> , has been rebuilt and is now online. It looks a lot like the old site, but now I will be able to edit the content myself.<br>

So...any suggestions? The images will change in the near future...what about appearence and ease of use, order of pages and so on...centered text or justified...amything that comes t mind would be appreciated.<br>

Best Wishes to all,<br>

Drew Bedo</p>

<p>Drew,<br>

I won't go into too much detail about the site's construction, except for the home page. In the description on the front, there are references like "his images" and "I am Drew Bedo." There should probably be some consistancy in those paragraphs.<br>

Other than that, it looks like you have a pretty decent site. You should now focus on setting it up for easy searching in google and yahoo.<br>

By the way, I think you have an amazing story.<br>

Regards,<br>

<b>Signature URL removed, not allowed on photo.net.</b>

<p>Drew, one minor usability complaint is that the galleries break without javascript. There are ways to exploit the functionality of javascript while allowing it to fail more gracefully and still work if the user, for whatever reason, doesn't have javascript working. </p>

<p>In my opinion I would rather click on the thumbnails than have them change with the mouseover too. </p>

<p>Other than that it seems easy to use and elegantly simple.</p>

<p>Drew, nice Web site and desgin, and cool photos too. To take a different view I don't have a problem with javascript issue, since I use the same type code and function for my galleries - it's easier to design and build than flash galleries (personal opinion only) - and it's assumed now with all the commercial Websites the user has javascript turned on. And it's always easy to toggle on/off with any browser these days if they see it's necessary.<br>

As for the language, I agree, use a consistent case which I prefer the first person since it's assumed it's your Website and you, so saying I shouldn't be an issue.</p>