Shen-Hao TZ45-IIB back rise?

andrew_keam

<p>Hi, Have just been looking into the Shen-Hao TZ45-IIB and saw that it gives 23mm of rise on the front and 55mm on the back.. Is this effectively the same as giving 78mm of rise on the front? ( in terms of just literally shifting the whole camera up, without moving the whole camera ) Is there any other field camera that has this feature? Wood or metal? Any downfalls of this camera? It seems, at least movements wise, that this camera outperforms a lot of others ( and much cheaper obviously ). Thanks. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. </p>

<h2><br /></h2>

<p>If you raised the front and back both by the same amount, such as 23 mm each, it would be as if you had raised the entire camera, as if you had jacked up your tripod 23 mm higher. This could be done with any camera, even one with a fixed relation between the lens and film and doesn't give the perspective correction of front rise -- such as changing the view to point upwards without causing converging verticals. If you have raised the front to the max and want more of this effect, an equivalent back movement is back fall. Not many cameras have lots of back fall -- another way to obtain more front rise is to tilt the entire camera up, then tilt both standards back to the orientation that you want (typically vertical).</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>There are not many 4x5 field cameras with so many movements as the Shen Hao TZ45-IIB and HZX45IIA. Both are great cameras for their cost.<br>

I had a Cherrywood Wista 45 DXII and I sold it, after buying the Shen Hao HZX 45 IIA, wich is a great camera with a lot of movements, good bellows extension and has a very important feature to me, wich is the possibility to move the back forward, very important to use with extreme wide angle lens like the 47mm.</p>

<p>Hi Nana Sousa Dias, Sorry about the late response, have been away in Australia. I just posted a question with regards to what people thought was the best field camera for architecture. Is the Shen Hao quite usable for shooting architecture with a 75mm? Limited movements? Is the only difference between the 45IIA and 45IIB the difference in focal lengths? The 45IIA seems better for me as I would just focal lengths from 75 - 300mm ( and it is slightly cheaper ). Ok, thanks again for your response. </p>