Orange cast to Velvia 50 after E6 processing

I had a few 4x5 sheets of Velvia 50 developed and returned to me today. All of the film has a dramatic color shift to

the red-orange. Otherwise it looks fine (meaning no signs of light leaks or anything else I can attribute strange

results to).

I'm hoping someone can help speculate if this is film that's gone bad, esp if it's typical for this film to have such

dramatic color shifts if it's expired, kept too warm, etc. I purchased it from a reputable supplier and the developing

lab processed the seet film in parallel with 5 rolls of 120 (probably not the same developer tank or machine though)

that all look fine.

I'm asking because I'm going to ether ask the company who sold me the film to replace it, or ask the lab to credit me

and hope for some advice on which person to ask.

Thanks in advance!

I think you need to know if it all went through the same line or not. Call and ask.

If there are two lines, you still don`t know the culprit.

Then you are forced to send a few sheets thru another process.

You really need to keep a stock of known good film. You get a large batch and process a sample. Freeze it and process a sample every six months.

After that , never send a whole project out to process at the same time.

<p>Could be exhausted bleach during the process. If you have chemistry try a reducer/bleach followed by a fix to see if that corrects the problem. You could send it back and ask them to do that too.<br>

It would be very hard to botch the development that much, even if the developer was going. It must have been really gone if the developer was the culprit.<br>

I've never heard of film, even expired, doing that. Try another sample at a different lab, but I doubt it's that.</p>

<p>Hmm, that's possible.  I'll feel very silly if I did that, obviously, because I should know better, but it would certainly explain my results.  I'll see if I can dig my film out of the trash to double check my loading.  The image in the wiki link looks more dramatic than mine, so I'll have to find the film to be sure.  Thanks for the suggestion!!</p>