40D sending to Canon for cleaning

todd_torfin

I would like to send in my 40D to Canon for a thorough cleaning and check up. Does anyone know what the number

at Canon is to set this up to send my camera in for a tune-up and about how much it might cost. Also would they fit

it for camera body armor? I would also like to have my Canon 70-200 2.8 lens calibrated, does anyone know how

much that costs and about how long all of this would take?

I've used the Canon repair center in Jamesburg, NJ a few times. I first went on line and filled out the service form, which asks for purchase date, to see if warranty applies. Then I've shipped or brought in the equipment. They usually had it a week, give or take.

I'm not sure they will give you cost estimates before, maybe if you call them you can get a rough idea. When you fill out the above form, the addresses and phone numbers for the US service centers are on the form. I don't think they would install the body armor, not something they sell. They actually want the body and lens stripped, no flash card or filters. When I brought my body in the last time, they took the battery out and gave it back to me.