what is your favorite location for photography?

jfarias

Just like the title asks, what is your favorite location for photographing? Do you like that place at a certain time of

year? Is it near where you live, is it in a different country, is it somewhere that you visit often? I would like lots of

details or photographs if you have them.

I just want details you don't have to give the name of the place or certain information if you don't want to.

Hello Jose, It may sound strange but my perfect location is my mind.I have always felt, if it catch's my eye or a idea

enters my mind, try to capture it on film or memory card.I have run car shows and cruise nights while car shows are

during mid day the lighting is very harse I much prefer the cruisenights during that magical hour before sunset. so

that accounts for a good portion, also my son is a pitcher so baseball is another area of interest. I have a broad aray

of photographic interest's so I shoot learn and shoot again whenever were ever.(see portfolio for examples)

The area around Hollywood Blvd and Highland Ave is, if not my favorite, definitely some of the most fertile ground for street photography here in Los Angeles. I'll be heading there on the subway in an hour or so for our nighttime Hollywood Santa parade-- as good an excuse as any to head there with a camera in hand.

Winter shooting, for me, is second to none. I always take at least a couple weeks off work in January just to shoot. The nights are earlier, it's quiet, peaceful, and everything is less crowded. The location itself doesn't really matter although I do tend to lean towards landscapes. Just take a nighttime stroll, mid winter....snow falling.....it's exhilarating. Of course, all of you warm weather folks might have no idea what I'm talking about.

I really get a lot of good shots in parks. I like the foliage, and if the weather's nice, I can get really nice landscapes. If it's a bit cloudy, it's perfect for people shots. I don't have a personal preference around here in Tokyo, but some of my faves came from Shinjuku Park and in the Odaiba area -- buildings, people, decent foliage.

One place I DON'T like shooting, however is the area around Yokohama's Landmark Tower. It's near a bay, so it's quite windy. But if it's not windy, there tends to be a lot of mosquitoes. Pick your poison.

Any location with a waterfall in the Appalachians during the autumn leaves; that's tough to beat.

Any location where I slip into the zone and proceed with confidence. The calculations are always better; if people are

involved, the rapport is always better; the pictures come out better. How I feel or any time I fail to recognize that my

feelings are getting in the way in response to a location has more affect on the outcome than the specifics of the location

itself.

As someone who very rarely photographs from home ( and indeed scarcely ever carry a camera whilst I'm at home) I'm surprised by the proportion mentioning locations close to them.

I can't pinpoint one favourite since purpose, conditions and place tend to fuse together. But

My favourite cities to photograph would include NYC, Venice and Havana

My favourite places for architecture would add several locations in Mexico and Cuba

Landscapes would feature southern Tuscany, northern Scotland, Colorado in the fall, and New England again in fall

My favourite coastal locations would certainly include Oregon, Northumberland, Northern Scotland and the west coast of Ireland.

Jose,

This is a very good question. I thought it would be very easy to answer, but the more I think about it the more difficult it

becomes. For me it changes each day. I think it must be the mood I am in at that time. Quite often if I am in a new "to me"

place it becomes a wonderful place to photograph. Other times just walking where I have been before opens something new

to me that I had not seen before or I see it in a different way. If I am shooting a beautiful girl on location and we are relating

well to each other it couldn't be better for me. It must be just my state of mind that makes the location good for me.

Mark