reloading a partially shot roll, frame lineups

I recently finished off a roll of K64 that i had shot 5 frames of, needed a different film, so popped the

kodachrome out. I finished it off yesterday. What im afraid of is that when the film is processed, they will line

up the first couple frames, then punch out all 36, which as it stands now, probably wont line up at all. IOW,

will Dwayne's (via wal-mart) cut and mount each frame individually so that the frames do not suddenly get cut in

half after the 5-6 frame? Should i include in the special instructions to return the film uncut? To do that, do i

need to send it direct rather than through wal-mart? Or, will it probably be spotted and be ok...?

I've never had a problem with misregistration in mounted slides. I've even had half a slide mounted where it overlapped with the leader.

However, if you scan your film, it's always best to have it returned uncut and sleeved. It stays flatter and is easier to scan in strips you cut yourself. This is especially true for locally-processed film (not Kodachrome, obviously). The techs will usually excise every missed frame, even if it leaves you with strips of one or two frames.

I actually did this will a roll of K64 as well a few months ago - got 5 or 6 frames taken, popped it out of my EOS 30, used some black and white film then put the K64 back in. I suppose I got lucky, so you may as well, as there were no issues with frame lineups whatsoever - I got 36 perfect slides back! :D

LONG time ago I shot with an Exakta VX series slr and later got Nikon F. The Exakta is left hand wind; the Nikon right hand wind. I often would use a roll of Kodachrome in both cameras; and leave a frame or two as a buffer. The only times I got some slides cut thru frames were with some barely exposed High Speed Ektachromes; where ones from one camera were ok; and the others were all sliced thru the active frame. This was with some astrophotography work; where some frames were with piggybacked cameras on a telescope as the guide scope. Having a hand corrected clock motored exposure say of Orions M42 thats 15minutes to 30 minutes long ruined was abit sickening. Thus its wise to alert the lab of the more odd conditions; or get them, back just selved only. If they are in error one only get another roll of film; and one might have many hours invested in one roll. Having some decently exposed frames peppered at the start of a mid roll camera swap radically drops the chance of screwup; the operator has a reference.

"IOW"?

I've had to switch rolls prior to shooting through them, now and then. I believe you might get lucky, but, there is a chance that, upon adjusting for the first few frames, your strips might end up being cut by that standard, and you'll receive negatives cut along improper frames. I recommend you ask to gets the negs. back uncut and sleeved (yes, Fredrick, it is a long sleeve), then slice them up yourself.

With my Exakta VX, I have the option of cutting through a roll of film while it's still in the camera body, though, to make use of this feature, I really must be using a reloadable cartridge, which I can find nowhere...

<p>I do this with every roll.  I line up the 6th sprocket hole with the 1st sprocket on the camera and wind once making sure the sprockets don't slip, close the back and wind the rest of the way.  As long as the sequence is maintained and you write down the counter position when you take out the roll, the frames come out properly indexed. </p>