Digital files - Offering to client - question

stella_slim

Hello all! I shoot weddings and always include JPEG retouched files with all packages for free. I also post best pictures in

a private gallery for my clients and their guests for viewing and purchacing. Sales are slow :0( Here's the question; should

I keep some candids and do not include in the bride's CD/DVD? How are you dealing with it if you offer JPEG's for free?

Thanks in advance!!!

Are you charging them a basic price for the wedding such as charging by the hour or are you just offering JPEG reprints ? I don't have allot of experience, but once you start offering CD's the customers often become complacent. It's like giving them negatives where they can go to K-mart and have them printed.

<p>I have a package where they include the JPEG's. It is my most expensiive package. My lower packages have prints included, of those prints selected I include "digital negatives" on CD. This has helped me get print sales on the other proofs not included in the package. If they bought it once I let em have it. It dosen't affect my reprint orders <em>too</em> much, plus it's a great referal tool (three already on my holiday portrait packages)</p>

<p> </p>