Nikon D3x Announced

Rob Davies

Hey LJ,

I was just pointing out a fact. Do you know who many posts I have read on these forums when they compared the Canon 1Ds markIII or 5D markII to the Nikon. Go read one right now, it has been one of the number one forums for last three days or so. I just thought it was funny that I don't see anyone critizing the new Nikon now they have a 20+ MP camera coming out and how much that will affect the IQ. I personally think all of these forums when comparing Canon to Nikon, or this camera to that camera is useless. If you want to compare camera's then talk about the different features they provide and which will work best for their needs. To compare IQ is a waste of time, the IQ on all DSLR's has gotten so good now, I think people need to stop worrying about it. They are all fine cameras, everyone of them have exceptional IQ and I'm sure the new Nikon will be no exception. I feel to many people put to much into pixel peeping. Get the camera that works best for you, has the features you are looking for and feels good when shooting with it. Most professionals will tell you the same thing. I am one of the few people on this site when I see these posts that will always say, neither camera is better than the other. Everyone has different needs, so get the one that works best for your needs.

I just wanted to point out a fact and thought it was funny that I didn't see anyone knocking Nikon now they have went same direction as Canon. That was purely my point on my first post, sorry if it was inaproppriate.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric, the Canon EOS 5D Mark II has not yet been released and this Nikon "D3X" has not yet been officially announced. It

simply makes no sense to compare their image quality and argue. The other useless debate takes place in another forum

that Lex and I don't moderate. Most likely, any D3X will be far more expensive than the 5D II, thus making any comparison

very unfair.

Clearly Nikon Europe made a error and sent out the D3X information prematurely. Let's wait until the various cameras are

actually available and for reviews.

I am going to close this discussion since it has served its purpose. We'll have new threads when the official

announcement comes, hopefully with more details. But of course this leak has stolen all the thunder.