Pricing

Thanks to all that have helped me in the past few weeks. I now have one more question! From this past Saturdays

event (My first paid event) I've been hired to do another Surpirse Bithday Party this Friday night. I've also

been contacted to possibly do some Engagement Photos and a Wedding. I can't believe how fast things are taking

off. I just started trying to get work a couple weeks ago! Anyway my problem is I need to come up with some

pricing that is fair for my work! I'm having trouble doing this. I find myself critiquing myself hard. I

personally was not 100% happy with my product from last Saturday but my customer was happy! So I don't know what

to do. Here is what I was thinking.

Special Events (Bithday Parties, Etc.) $150 for 2-3 hours of photo support

Engagement Photos $200 plus the cost of the prints

Wedding $500 includes:

2 8x10 print of their choice photo

2 5x7 prints " "

2 4x6 prints " "

Do these photos seem fair? Are they to much, to little, or just right? When Engagement and Wedding photos are

prints normally included in the packages? I'm clueless where to begin! Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Wesley

Well i would say your wedding price is inline with with being new but you should also offer prints by the sheet and also a cd of there photos i usually charge $99 for a cd of full size images. what you included for the 500 sounds reasonable for a small wedding and for a newbie but you also need to offer larger prints most couples will want some prints larger than 8x10 so you will need to have prices for those also you could call some of the wedding photographers in your area and see what they offer im sure you will get some critisisim from people on this site but not everyone can afford $2500 for a wedding photographer so i wish you the best of luck in your new venture.

PS

you also should do some post work like black and white conversion things like that here is one of my favorites from a wedding i did a few months ago

Amber<div>00Rbmg-92123684.jpg.3292fd4364a49955810b0848c3e0a80e.jpg</div>

$200 for an engagement sitting is high considering your experience level........I am inclined to think that a wedding is simply too important for anyone with low experience to be responsible for. Your $500 dollar price delivers little enough if there is no definition of quality assurance.

Not to mention that, when you charge money, you are also implying a warranty of sorts, which can easilly put YOU at risk. It's tricky ground.

My advice would be to stick to events, or portraits which CAN be re-taken if needed.....Regards, Bob<div>00Rbok-92141584.jpg.37bcad55f58b16c75d9e79f23035fd75.jpg</div>

The above image is posted, not because of how good it is, but rather to illustrate a point. This was an out-of-town wedding ...... no dress rehearsal.......and was full of unforseeable calamities. But If you take money for a service, then you MUST deliver a service which is recognizably professional in spite of the mis-adventures which can....and DO happen......ok....? Bob