5 x 7 back for the Wista RF camera?

andrew_keam

Hi, I recently read on the teamworkphoto website that the Wista SP ( I think ) has a 5 x 7 back for it... anyone know

more about this? Is it possible for the rangefinder version? I would like to try shooting 5 x 7 but would rather have a

5 x 4 as a base camera and attach this back when needed. Thanks Kind regards Andrew

Thanks Bob, what is the best way of knowing if a certain lens fits the 5 x 7 format ( with movements )? It seems like it is a bit of a left out format sometimes.. I already have lenses for my 5 x 4 but am looking to buy a new 135mm. Is it possible to have this accomadate the 5 x 7 format as well? Many thanks once again Andrew

We do have two of the 57 adapters for the wood Wista 45 cameras in stock but there is no listing for one for the metal

technical 45 cameras.

It is very easy to tell if a lens covers and how well it covers 57. Just look at the circle of illumination at f22. Rodenstock

publishes charts in their lens brochures that give you the horizontal and vertical displacements possible with their lenses

for formats up to 5x7. No Rodenstock 135mm lens gives you movements on 57 but the 135 Apo Sironar S just fully covers

the 57 frame af f22 at infinity. Closer then infinity the circle of illumination increases.