Smugmug - review and customer experience

So here's a brief review as opposed to a question, but a few days ago I posted a question seeking a good place to develop and host a

website to display some personal photography. After a few excellent suggestions of trying Smugmug, I researched it and signed up for a

professional account (even though I'm merely an amateur and don't "sell" my photographs). Their top package is about $149 a year for

everything.

For the record, I'm not an html guy or web developer of any kind. However, their service, customization pages, online help and customer

service is OUTSTANDING. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone who is seeking such a solution to take a look at them.

You can see what I did in about three days, www.jmephotography.com. Again, I knew nothing when starting, but reading through their

tutorials and shooting a few questions to their online help (which promises to get back to you within an hour 24/7) and I was up and running.

Anyway, just wanted to share a great experience I had incase others were looking for a similar solution for their photographs.

Thanks Mark... Truthfully, the first few hours were tedious and I was completely lost. However, with a little determination

and some time for trial and error, it was really manageable and turned out to be quite easy.

There are loads of people that charge to "customize" a site for you, but they charge +/- $800. I figured I'd rather spend a

little time myself learning and this way I'm able to make changes and add some features such as a blog, new galleries, etc

when the time comes.

I bought an account at SmugMug because of the sleek interface, and plan to upgrade to the Pro account when I get more free funds around the holidays. Thank you for your review and for your apt illustration of what can be done by an amateur with this interface! It looks great!

Cheers,

Travis

Josh .. I've been posting pictures on smug mug for several years now.They have been great to work with. My site is

www.2coolpix.com. I wish I had the eye for some shots like you do. I shoot sports and sell them to the parents.

Your site looks great . I went for the fast simple didn't have to think design.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to looking at your pictures .

Gus Raynor

Peter... Thank you so much. I looked around at some alternatives, but most of them were higher priced, more

customized solutions which isn't really what I wanted. Smugmug just offered everything I wanted - the ability to full

customize your own site, use your own domain name, unlimited photos, an existing shopping cart and purchase choices,

etc... all for less than $150 a year! I think Photo.net is awesome, but I really wanted a site where it was customized

around me. Also, when less experienced people go to photo.net, get confused and click, 'home' of something like that,

they end up at the photo.net site and not my home page.

Gus... Again, thank you. Your site is great and your photos are awesome. Don't sell yourself short by any means! I

think your composition of action shots are terrific! I've never done that, so perhaps I'll take some pointers from you.