Photo-forum London Nov 13th 6pm

bds1

Just a heads up if anyone is interested!

November 13, 2008

Christopher Morris

Abbie Trayler Smith

Brian David Stevens

This month we have Abbie Trayler Smith and Brian David Stevens will be showing his ’They That are Left’ Project. For the past 5 years on

remembrance day Stevens has been shooting portraits of veterans, all shot in the same tightly cropped B&W format. The project is based

around the concept of The Unknown Soldier. He will also be showing his ‘Doggerland’ project.

Christopher Morris has become known for his war photography from countries including Yugoslavia, Panama and Russia. More recently

while covering the White House for Time, the magazine ‘discovered’ multimedia and asked him to provide video material for the Time

website. They gave him a small, cheap video camera, Morris found the quality terrible until he began using it in B&W. When he sent his

film from the first day to Time they hated it, said the work was unusable and asked him to give the camera back. Instead he used it again

a month later for another day with Bush. The short film he will be showing is the result.

Running monthly on the second Thursday of the month, Photo-Forum, kindly hosted by Jacobs, is a place for working photographers to

bring images, ideas, photo stories, approaches and work in progress for supportive debate and criticism.

Downstairs in the Jacobs Pro Lounge at

74 New Oxford Street London WC1A 1EU

Drink, Food (free!) and animated conversation in the pub after!

more details here

http://www.photo-forum.org/

I think some time last year you posted some photos of veterans, I still remember some of them. I searched under the name of your project and was please to see some very powerful and gorgeous portraits on your lightstalker site. Excellent, excellent work.