Lensboard help for my Horseman

zane_yau

Hi guys, I am putting together a large format system for the first time and need some help.

I have a Horseman Woodman at the moment and a Nikkor 65 F4 lens which requires a Copal 0 lensboard.

Question 1

I found this on ebay - will it suit my Woodman??

http://cgi.ebay.com/LENS-BOARD-FOR-4x5-SINAR-or-HORSEMAN-

NEW_W0QQitemZ300228853333QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Question 2

Film holders - will any film holders which fits 'Graflex Back' fit? What does Graflex Back mean anyway?

thanks for your help in advance

Zane

No, the lensboard you showed will not fit a Horseman Woodman camera. You need to get a Linhof Technika style lensboard instead. These are very common and made by several different manufacturers, including generics.

For film holders, any plain old 4x5 holder (Lisco, Fidelity, Regal) or Fuji Quickload or Kodak Readyload holder should fit fine.

The "Graflok back" refers to the ability of the back of the ground glass to be removed and to attach accessories like roll film holders. In normal use with 4x5 film sheets you do not use the Graflok back feature.

Thanks Sheldon. I am glad I have asked before I confirmed the bid. Any idea where to find the "Linhof Technika" style lensboards?

I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/For-Linhof-Technika-Lens-Board-Copal-0-Used_W0QQitemZ370104343929QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370104343929&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Thanks also for the explanation of Graflok back

Zane, Keh or mpex.com if you want used at reasonable price. Call Jim at mpex/midwest, shipped me a new generic horseman lensboard for free (mine's an FA though) a few years ago with a purchase. The new versions are expensive, my generic works fine, it's all metal after all. I would call because when I ordered they didnt have the lensboards listed on the web site. Assuming you're in us or canada. Tom