Early Fall Camping

abe_hollander

We went on our first camping trip last weekend, in Western Maryland, where the colors are just starting to come

alive. We had glorious weather (although 42 degrees at night was tough on my wife), my youngest caught his first

fish, and the s'mores were way yummy.

Really enjoying my new Tamron 28-75 2.8, and I have big bro mis to thank for the tip, and Dad for playing

Santa-in September!<div>00R66n-76737684.thumb.jpg.74535bfcbfd6c7161417e0b33987e51b.jpg</div>

Nick: Yeah, I noticed the branch similarities after posting (maybe shoulda not posted them together?). I was mixed on whether or not to crop out either, but decided the foreground added interest.

There were lots of webs when we woke up on a misty Sunday AM... I'll try some creative cropping when I get home.

Thanks for comments all!

Excellent series, glad you are getting out with the family. IMO, fall is the best time of the year, no bugs, and

cool nights.

Buy your wife a nice 800 fill down sleeping bag. She'll be just fine. Also, if your tenting, smaller tents are

warmer than big ones. Usually my tent is 10F warmer than the outside. When we get the hanging stove going in the

middle of winter, it will warm up from well below 0F to near 40F. Downright balmy!!

My wife hates the cold too, and cold to her starts just below room temperature (heat, just above room temp).

While I'm perfectly happy down to well below 0F, it gets to 42F in the mountains during the summer up here (not

often but at least a half dozen times a summer) and it's always a good night sleep for me, not so much for Aim.

Abe, great series! I love morning catch and the lake with the fall colors. Also agree with Justin on camping in the fall. Best

time, hands down. But there must be something about woman and the cold temps. My wife is the same way. The shots are

great - good job.