Optimal image size for upload to PN

proust

Greetings.

I just bought my first SLR last month and recently started uploading a few photos on PN. I'm wondering what the

size of the photos should be for optimal viewing (not so small so as to obscure the details of the photo and not

so large that people have to scroll both ways to look at the large version of the photo).

Thanks,

Kunal

To display in-line (and it wastes space and bandwidth to do otherwise) the picture should be reduced to a maximum width of 700 pixels. I think it may be slightly lower for portfolio pictures still (695 pixels?) unless that has been updated too. Read the description text that pops up when you start to post and many of your questions are answered.

Except in the No Words, the picture has to have a caption to display.<div>00R5pX-76643584.jpg.bcaa0cd403650a4657753d7de61b7bdc.jpg</div>

Well, as I said above, the size for the portfolio images may or may not have been updated to the same as the inline images, but I believe it was formerly 695 pixels wide (back when, the in-line pictures were limited to 511 pixels, which is why older posts have smaller pictures in them.)