Could "Confirm" button equal "Update"?

mendel_leisk

I've lost count of the times I've editted text in the preview window, and then hit "confirm" without first scrolling down

and hitting "update". Would there be any problem with just eliminating the "Update" button, and making "Confirm"

post whatever's currently in the edit window.

Regarding post-posting (oxymoron?) edits, how about say 1/2 hour window, during which you have rights to fix typos.

I know there's a concern some one will start playing games with this. Could it be restricted to members, or

something like that?

Oh wait... uh: too late

<i>"Would there be any problem with just eliminating the "Update" button, and making "Confirm" post whatever's currently in the edit window."</i>

<p>

I think that would be a problem because people would be expecting to be able to preview their changes. You may only need to proofread once, but others likely need to do more. I would like to look into putting the "update" and "confirm" buttons on the same area of the page.

<p>

<i>"how about say 1/2 hour window, during which you have rights to fix typos"</i>

<p>

I have already said that this feature is coming at some point. The edit window will not likely be 30 minutes though. More like 5-10.

<p>

<i>"there's a concern some one will start playing games with this. Could it be restricted to members"</i>

<p>

For that to work, non-members would have to be the crux of the "personality" problems we have had in the past on the site. That isn't the case. Both paying and non-paying members have been absolutely horrible in the past.

Yeah, but horrible ones who pay at least support the site, eh? :(

And both paying and non-paying members have been absolute sweetie-pies too. :D

Josh, while I note that you do not always display the patience of Job, you are far more patient with the patients than I could ever be. ;)