50D ai servo high speed exposure question

Dont know if this is normal or not so thought I would ask, I mounted my 50D on a tripod (got it yesterday so running

it through its paces) when I set it to ai servo and shoot at fastest frame rate 6.3fps in Av mode on a static subject

white paper with black text in controled light and fire away. When I review the shots the exposure jumps aroud, when

flipping through the shots you can see the RGB graphes move back and forward maybe 10-15% or so, I should have

hit *(exposure lock) will try that later. Does this seem normal ? it kind of suprised me.

Ross

<p>Lots of different light sources, which appear to be continuously on and unchanging to human eyes, vary in colour and/or intensity throughout the 50 or 60 Hz (depending on where you are in the world) cycle of mains power. Did you watch any Olympic diving this year? Did you see any of the slow-motion replays in which the lighting could clearly be seen to cyclically dim and brighten?</p>

<p>Unless you can prove otherwise, I'm strongly inclined to believe this is your lighting.</p>