Light Reflectors!

rita_ilyasov

Rita,

I do on occasion use reflectors. There are a lot of big bucks reflectors, but what i have found is look around and see

what will work for you. I have used various items ( aluminum sheet metal, textured marlite, plexiglas, etc. )

Experiment with diffrent material and colors and see what effects you like. Some material gives a soft diffused glow

to the scene where others give off a spot effect. I am a die hard experimenter (read old goat on a tight budget) and

have a lot of fun trying different reflective media.

Keep on a clickin.

B.

Reflectors can help alot to fill in shadow areas while in the sun check out this video on Expert Villiage I think its called http://www.expertvillage.com/video/120231_reflectors-in-outdoor-photography.htm

I helped the lady that took my Sons graduation pictures use one (I played photographers assistant that day) It helped a lot. She had one that kinda folded up to fit in her camera bag didn't look like the one he is using in the video.

Now I see there are differant color reflectors to give differant lights gold for warm silver for harsh.

I use them on a fairly regular basis instead of fill flash. I use the Adorama 5 in 1 portable reflector, which has a gold and silver side, as well as a diffuser helpful for photographing small scenes and macro. This reflector is cheap (less than $50) and folds up to fit neatly inside your pack. They're great for adding natural looking light to foreground elements (i.e. wildflowers, etc.) when you're composing a near/far image and they're easier to use than fill flash.

try to buy a flat cardboard/illustration board as i called it (the we use back in school or drawing somethings) & wrap one side up with foils,

that we usually found/use in our kitchen..use transparent tape for adhesive.. I tried it

& it works in indoor lighting, what more the outdoor light at day.. Plus it's VERY cheap & convenient!!! Let's be industrious &

save money.. Peace!!! i'm out...

Here's how we do it on location, etc. We use the 2 foot by four foot styrofoam boards available at any Home Improvement place. They are white, textured, very light, very cheap. Use 'em as is, or cover one side with aluminum foil. Note that aluminum foil has a glossy side and a matte side. That offers even more options. Break out the gaffer tape and Elmer's Glue, make up a bunch of 'em and off you go !!

Bill P.