What are the characteristics of the Summilux ASPH?

oofoto

<p>FWIW I sold my 35 Summilux ASPH in favor of a 35 Summicron. I rarely shot the Lux wide open, and so extracted the excess value for other things after getting the Cron. Others can chime in on what they saw as the unique characteristics of the Lux which they found appealing.</p>

<p>I shoot a lot at f1.4. It's sharp as it needs to be. I have classic Summilux 35mm and it's not quite sharp at f1.4. Sort of like looking out a train window. There's gonna be somebody complain about focus shift but I don't know about that. I have a black one and a chrome one - both fine. This probably hasn't helped you with "characteristics". The main character of a lens is who's behind it and what's in front of it. Good luck with your photography.</p>

<p>My take:<br>

Leica 35mm 1.4 Asph non-FLE version is gorgeous and equaled by the Nikon 35mm 1.4G, focus shift is real and was present though with my M240 and even slightly noticeable with my M6.<br>

My 35mm 1.4 Asph FLE however is about as perfect an optic as I have ever used, no shift and significantly better at closer distances than the pre-FLE. <br>

I just took a week long trip to Chicago with my wife and all I brought was the M240 / 35mm 1.4 FLE and my Rolleiflex 2.8D, a fantastic combo.</p>