Got out today with the Tamron AF 70-300

bob_marz

My spouse and I decided to take a walk today at the Saratoga National Historical Park where famous battles during

the Revolutionary War occurred. There were no re-enactments but there were a few photo ops.

I am still learning so some shots are not as crisp as I would like.<div>00QqDJ-70848084.jpg.492af39550b444b319620df6912902ec.jpg</div>

nice work. I drive by there weekly and was actually thinking about heading up to Wilton for some mountain biking

at the old scout camp, which turned to paddling on Round Lake, which turned to...

Instead I spent the day overhauling my bike. It was tooooooo humid for me to ride, where is our cool dry

september weather.

Anyway, never really spent any time at that park, looks like you made the most out of it. Really good variety in

there.

I actually like the mushrooms the best. focus looks ok to me.

Bob, Nice series. I love history and hence I love the canons...The fish eye kicks butt as well....

A tip...While it has been a while since I have used that lens, This I do know. That All the Pentax DSLR's I own and a few friends have seen the very same thing with this Tamron 70-300, is that they have a tendency to under expose by 1/2 stop...I believe that if you put that into your adjustments automatically you will get those crisp images your looking for...As it is, the Pentax has a habit of underexposing.

You have the most important thing right...The composition in your images is excellent.... Bravo.......

Nice set of photos, Bob! You're killing me with the nice stringer of fish pics you're compiling ;~) I agree

with Javier about the underexposure. I had the same issue with some shots earlier this week (and was reminded to

make better use of the histogram.) It's probably best to get it right at the snap, I guess, but you can also

make adjustments in pp.

I think that bird is a Flicker (I made the same mis-identification earlier this year.) Among the woodpeckers, it

seems to be the most at home on the ground.