Wal-Mart Send Out

I know this probably varies depending on which Fujicolor Lab your particular Wal-Mart sends its film to, but generally,

does anyone have an opinion of their send out "premium processing" service? How are they with 135 professional

negative films such as 160C and 160S? Reala and Superia films? I know, I know...why would I want to use

professional film and then send it through Wal-Mart? It's just that I don't have a ton of money to spend at the

moment, and have some rolls that need processing/printing. I figure Fuji's own lab might do a decent job with Fuji

film, since they probably use their own equipment and Crystal Archive paper.

Its OK but obviously not pro level. I send unimportant film via Wal-mart. The color and qaulity turned out OK most of the time. The lab, as you know, can screw up and even scratch negatives without warning though. If its crucial, don't use Wal-Mart. If its important, try not to. If its just for fun and not so important, its suitable enough.

I agree with John. If its not critical work and there's some room for error, they're fine to use. That said, they're like any other quick lab, errors can and do happen, altho with my particular Wal-Mart they're a bit better than the average drug store. Only once did I give them some film that the prints came back with a red cast, they redid them quickly and accurately. I've used them for work I've done through my P.I. business, both film and digital. The last order was for 350 prints uploaded to them from digital files and they all came out spot on, I was impressed with the quality and you can't beat the price.

Good quality, but for 35mm print film, I would recommend Costco (many wedding photographers use them - great prices for 4x6 (3.88/24, $5/36 - 1 hour) as well as enlargements - 39cent 5x7's and 1.49 8x12's)). Or, find a local Walgreens, talk to the manager, tell them you are very particular about your photos/negs and ask to talk to the person who will handle your roll, etc. They use Fuji Frontier Full Frame CCD scanners, the best available, and the prices are good too 4.99/7.49 for 24/36 prints, in 1 hour. Plus, they always give you a coupon with each set of prints. My last one was 3.99 for ANY exposure 4x6 prints.

I got K64 processed through them via Dwayne's for 5dollars. They almost lost the film though. After about a week and half (a little over the time it takes to send directly to Dwaynes (for 10dollars with postage) I started calling every day to see when they got it in; worrying that if it sat too long it would get chucked. After 3days they finally found it, and told me it had been there for almost a week... apparently, they put it in the wrong section, in F instead of G or whatever... moderately unsettling. Then she told me how a guy came in there with pictures from Alaska and they lost all of them...So, be wary,.