Hello from San Francisco

Hi photo.net! I just signed up to the forums and I hope to take part in your community. Is the right place to

post an introduction?

Anyways, I've been a desk jockey for about 3 years and few months ago I decided that I hate sitting at desk all

day and that I'd like to make my hobby, photography, into my profession. Since then I've built my portfolio, had

a few paid jobs, and even got some photos published in a magazine! Every step I take is more and more exciting. I

haven't had any school nor any assistance experience, and I feel like that is both good and bad. I like not being

bound to any rigid rules about how I think photography should be, but at the same time I'm might be missing some

important nuance. I hope that joining the forum can help me improve my photography and I can help other people too!

Thanks!

Dustin

Shout out from the East Coast. Been at the "hobby " thing for a good long time. No schooling, except lots of time behind the camera, and in the dark room. Just started getting a few paid jobs, and have sold a few prints. I have a display at the County Library coming up, and the possibility of a couple more shows in the near future. Pnet is a fantastic information source, and an all around good place to hang. I usually come here right after booting up my PC.