ATP 1.1 Round 3

yog_sothoth

What kind of water did you use? The instructions for this film say to use demi water. Mine had distilled water used on it - is that the same

as demi water? In any event, I got a funky chemical reaction that left pepper spots on my negs. You can see the thread I posted a few

days ago to see results, using the ATP DC developer and rated at 25.

Also, remember that your lighting conditions for the last roll in Rodinal vs this roll in RLC were totally different. That will play

into your results as well. What you really need to do is shoot the same things, under different conditions, with a few

different rolls and develop them all in different developers.

I always use distilled water for mixing chemicals and final rinse. This is for consistency and because the tap water in my downstairs bathroom/darkroom comes out brown at first it it has been too long.

Chemistry labs often have a setup to turn tap water into deionized water for laboratory use. While it would be great to get the lab-quality DI water, I will take my chances with the grocery store distilled water. I am guessing that stuff varies in quality from jug to jug, but it is better than my basement tap water.

I am very pleased with the sharpness and tonality of the ATP 1.1 in the RLC developer. At EI 12 the ATP 1.1 is slower than a lot of extremely fine gain films that are easier to use, however.

• 3 months later...

<p>In our lab we have an on demand RO/DI system to dispense DI water, but I need to purchase my photo water as "steam distilled" (at least in Canada) :-) I have found the EI of ATP 1.1 to be:<br>

12 using Rollei RLC at 6 minutes with a Pentax 67II/165mm/K2<br>

16 using Formulary TD-3 (modified) at 21 minutes with a Pentax 67II/165mm/K2<br>

I guess I won't be shooting moving trains with this, but the detail and "scanability" of this film is amazing. <br>

materialsguy</p>

<p> </p><div>00RwVV-101769584.thumb.jpg.60e6653a5291138793a90ca50c724752.jpg</div>